2. Post the first sentence of each book. (If one sentence seems too short, post two or three!)
3. Let everyone try to guess the titles and authors of your books.
6. Alex barely lived eight years. That's not long at all. Why, looking back, it seems as if it took her much longer than that just to die.
7. In 1910, the surgeons Moreau and LePrince wrote about their successful operation on an eight-year-old boy who had been blind since birth because of cataracts.
8. I can't shake the feeling that I've lived this moment before. Maybe that's because, like Jennifer Lopez walking into divorce court, I have lived this moment before -- over and over, again and again, for close to ten years now.
9. Like many fathers, mine could occasionally be prevailed on for a spot of "airplane." As he launched me, my full weight would fall on the pivot point between his feet and my stomach. It was a discomfort well worth the rare physical contact, and certainly worth the moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
[my translation] This inscription stood on the glass door of a small shop, but of course, it only looked like that when one looked out from the gloomy interior through the glass onto the street.