1. Kids with cancer are being turned away from NIH drug trials.
2. Cousin Halbarad and his wife, who are both park rangers, have been furloughed -- that is, they're no longer being paid -- and are not allowed to set foot in their own park, except to use the daycare.
3. The supplemental nutrition program for women, infants, and children (WIC) is not being funded.
4. A woman has gone missing at a national park in Idaho, and the park rangers who know the territory are actively prohibited from helping to look for her.
5. The Food and Drug Administration is currently not inspecting food or drugs for safety.
6. The Library of Congress is closed to researchers.
7. The intelligence agencies that prevent the terrorist attacks that security theater doesn't touch are running on 30% staffing.
But, goshdarnit, the Congresspersons who ordered all this to happen just so that people like me won't be able to afford health insurance because that's against freedom -- well, they're still getting paid!
What's wrong with this picture?